Monday, October 20, 2014

Art Curriculum- Week 6- Pumpkin Books


Week 6- Pumpkin Books

First off this project is directly inspired and taken from this site: Craftberry Bush: Fall in love with Fall...

Last week I posted a quick review on our time in the Renaissance Period for the month of September. To view it click here.

What you'll need:

-construction paper
-popsicle sticks
-green/brown markers
-hot glue
-scissors

Time: 30-45 minutes tops

This project required them to practice their cutting skills.

I folded all the "pages" to the little book (each child got 8) and traced a prototype I made beforehand onto each page individually for them to cut.

Originally I stapled all the pages together to make a book, and cut all the pages in one go. Then my mother pointed out that they have little kid scissors and not enough finger strength to cut through that much paper. So I unstapled all the pages and then proceeded to trace the demo onto each page.

After they cut their pages I had them each color a popsicle stick green or brown for the stem. I hot glued the stem between 2 pages after stapling the little "booklet" together.

Then all they had to do was spread the pages so their pumpkins could stand on their own!

Overall: Depending on your age group of kids a lot of prep time, but a very easy project for little ones.
-A Poem for Fall!

(logging 2 hours for execution + prep time)

No comments:

Post a Comment