Monday, November 10, 2014

Art Curriculum- Week 7- Monet Bridge


Week 7- Monet Bridge

The last lesson involved making stand up pumpkin "books." To view it click here.

Artistic Movement: Impressionism

What you'll need:

-tempera/craft/acrylic paint (green/yellow/blue/purple/pink/black)
-paper (I used white construction paper)
-medium brushes

Time: 45 minutes to an hour

This is a more time consuming project. It requires more patience and step by step instruction.

I drew the bridge in pencil on each page before we began painting so that there was a reference point to use.

I started by showing them pictures of weeping willows and lily pads. I also showed them some of Monet's paintings.

I showed them how the weeping willows go "up and down" and the water and the lilly pads go "back and forth."

I started with green, then progressed to yellow with up and down strokes.

The water (blue/purple) goes back and forth. For the lilly pads I had them making little stripes of green. Then on every green little line I had them put a pink dot.

The pencil drawing of the bridge still showed through the paint and so I guided them in tracing them.

Overall: The kids handled this project very well, but it is good to have kids who've had experience in following step by step instructions and have more patience.





(logging 1 1/2 hours for prep and execution)

No comments:

Post a Comment