Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving/Black Friday

Not my edit. It took me 15 minutes to hunt down a picture I thought encompassed and portrayed my kind of message.. :D

The title is self-explanatory isn't it.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who reads this. I hope you all had a splendid time whether it was with the comfort of food and family or either one without the other.

I myself had a very lovely day. Good food that I and several members of my family made, and discussions revolving around Doctor Who.

Thennnnnnn... Black Friday. Or rather, "Thursday." Somebody decided it was a fantastic idea to open up shop for Black Friday at 6:00PM on Thursday. Thanksgiving. As though we needed yet another thing to detract from this already stifled holiday.

Anywhooo, I went with some peeps and we shopped. In fact I just got home. It's 1:30. We shopped for roughly 7 hours. Sometimes I question myself.

Last year we started at 11:30 and got home at 4. I've no idea what was different this year. O_o
_____

I would like to say, that I am thankful for so many things... God has brought in so many new possibilities in this past year it's staggering sometimes to consider. I have a supportive family, friends, wonderful books and technology and - and - and I could go on forever. <3

Standing out in the cold waiting for maybe 6 minutes tonight (they let everyone in early) felt like forever. I am so thankful for our electricity and my wonderful bed. I have a bed. That's fantastic too.

There were some very friendly people tonight, the people assisting customers and at the registers most of the time had a smile or a friendly word despite being away from their comforts on Thanksgiving of all days.

Take a moment to be thankful for your bed, your socks, or maybe your gluten free food, or the air you breathe (depending on where you live or what you do for a living). Maybe your music or your HB pencil.

Take a moment to say thank you for whatever your special things are that cast light on the void of confusion that we are living.

~Bright

PS- Am I the only one who still gets a thrill out of the fact that Thanksgiving can be arranged to say "Giving Thanks"? I still think that's cool.

PPS- I wonder how much sense this post makes. Attempting to be somewhat more thoughtful when you're thinking about how hungry you are might not be the best combination.

PPPS- I really like these things.

PPPPS- This morning later on will be fun! I'm going shopping again!!! And I get to see what I actually bought last night since I've kinda forgotten.

PPPPPS- It's now 2:05AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment