Sunday, November 23, 2014

Blogger Recognition Award



This week in honor of Thanksgiving we are taking a break from our homeschooling endeavors.

Today I am posting about the "Blogger Recognition Award." Emily Tjaden, at Dreaming Hobbit, nominated me for this award a couple weeks ago. I offer my most delighted thanks to Emily!

You can find her page on Facebook, here.

What this award entails is:
  • Thank the person who nominated you.
  • Leave a link to their page.
  • Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips.
  • Nominate 15 other bloggers.
  • Notify your other nominees by email or comment.

How I Started Blogging


I decided to start a blog (and a Facebook page) because I thought it would be a fun way to begin sharing my art under a more official setting. It's been over a year since I started Bright's Wanderings and I'm still refining and learning about this whole blog thing. I also started it with the intent that come college time it would be something useful to have under my belt.

Tips

Keep a schedule. This is very helpful if you want to post consistently and with a set purpose.

Larger, simpler text with more spaces makes for easier reading.

Adding a photo to your post can help catch the readers eye and can emphasize your post's message. It's a nice addition for us visual learners. :)

Nominees

Here are the links to several blogs that I greatly admire and enjoy.

Apassionata - Leah K. Oxendine

Firefly Closet - Allison Tjaden

Blogs from Geekdom - Brad Williamson

In Darkness There is Light - Morgan L. Busse

The Ramblings of an Eccentric Writer - Hannah Mummert

Scribbles and Inkstains - Abigail Hartman

Writing is Hard Work - Roger Colby

Not the desired number of 15... Oh dear. Quality over quantity I guess.

Now comes the difficult part, contacting each of these people. Which means... I have to practically talk to them. I can hear the gasps of horror. Such is the life of an introvert.

Every single one of these bloggers deserves recognition. They have contributed some wonderful bits to the blogosphere. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, congrats on being nominated! ^^ Nice to see this is still going around lol.

    Just discovered your blog from Dreaming Hobbit. Loving it so far. I enjoyed your Fauvism and Zebras post! Those kids got very creative!

    ~Eve
    http://eveofnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you!

      Your blog is beautiful. I love the entire design, and I'm always happy to follow a fellow writer. :)

      Delete