Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Art Curriculum- Week 8- Van Gogh's Fields

brights wanderings

Week 8- Van Gogh's Fields

The previous lesson involved Monet's Bridge.To view click here.

Artistic Movement: Impressionism

What you'll need:

-tempera/craft/acrylic paint (blue//light blue/white/yellow/red)
-medium sized brushes
-paper (I used white construction paper)

Time: 45 minutes

I drew a line to where I wanted the sky to come down to so that the kids would have a guide.

We used 2 different shades of blue for the sky. I had them make squiggly horizontal lines to give the sky more texture.

I gave them white and had them do a quick squiggly line at the edge of the blue.

The rest of page we painted yellow, I likened it to corn and wheat so they needed to make their lines up and down for the stalks. Then I had gave them a dark red. I allowed them one dip in the red, then they had to use only that one dip's worth of red to add to the yellow.

The birds are black paint. Either a wobbly "V" or 2 hills next to each other.

Overall: A relaxed painting project. Simple step by step.

(logging hour for prep and execution)

No comments:

Post a Comment