Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Art Curriculum- Week 1- Gridding

Week 1- Gridding

Today I taught the first lesson in my curriculum. Gridding.

Artistic Movement: Renaissance

This is an attempt to expose them to the classical methods in art early on. Even if they don't understand it technically and exactly, they'll at least have experienced it to a small degree.

The project required them to listen to instructions and for the younger ones it was good practice with coloring skills and identifying numbers.

What you'll need:
-markers

Time: 30 minutes at the most for both pictures

I looked up simple coloring sheets. I picked flowers to do a color by number, and then an abstract piece so they could see realism and a more fun piece side by side.

I cut the page into 8. There were only 6 kids, so whoever finished coloring their piece first got an extra.

For the sunflowers I went and numbered the different parts with pen. Then I had them do one color at a time. They would pick out a number, and I would tell them what color belonged with it.

For the abstract one I told them they could color it however they wanted to with rules that:
(1) They had to use at least 3 colors
(2) No colors could touch

When they finished coloring we pieced them together again so they could see the final picture.

Then I taped each piece to a black piece of construction paper. Not a necessary addition, but I did it because I thought it gave the paper some stability and if they ever were to put their separate pieces in an art book it would look nice.




Advanced Art Project- Week 1

Keirstyn's assignment was to pick any picture (preferably an animal/landscape etc), apply grid lines to it, and then copy the picture on to a blank grid.

It's not complete yet here's glimpse of the set up:














(Logging in 1 hour for prep and execution)

Related posts:
Creating an Art Curriculum

No comments:

Post a Comment