Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sketch- Thorin

Today is Tuesday!

Each Tuesday I will try to post a sketch of some kind, old or new. :)

Tonight I sat down and attempted to draw Thorin freehand, with a pen.

In an odd way, it went better than expected, and worse than I would've liked. :P Now someday I'm going to have to sit down for a whole week and come out with a super detailed portrait of Thorin to make myself feel better, but for now this'll do for Tuesday's post.

I added some special effects, which isn't the idea of posting a "simple" sketch, but it does look cooler. ^_^ His facial shape is not correct, and his mouth doesn't carry the right emotion...

No no no... this is a sketch. This was an experiment in the first place, I had no planning beforehand, I had a pen and went with it. I was trying to play with the crosshatching method. For something I don't do often, it went alright.

What do you guys think?

Music I listened to: The Voice was on... *shrugs* :)

For non-Tolkien fans - Thorin Oakenshield is a character created by JRR Tolkien and is a major character in The Hobbit. What you see here was done from a reference photo of Thorin as portrayed by Richard Armitage in Peter Jackson's film (soon to be) trilogy, The Hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment